Make sure you like Herbs & Oils World on Facebook to be updated every time we find a fantastic tutorial for exciting and innovative ways you can use herbs and essential oils.
Stinging nettles grow wild across the US, Europe and all around the globe. They are highly nutritious and act as an effective remedy for a number of illnesses, injuries and conditions.
Stinging nettles have been found to:
- Relieve allergies such as hay fever and asthma
- Relieve eczema and acne
- Reduce symptoms of the digestive tract, such as acid reflux, excess gas and nausea
- Relieve chest congestion and coughing
- Help in the treatment of Alzheimer’s
- Stimulates the scalp to regenerate hair growth, restore natural color and get rid of dandruff when used as a rinse
- Naturally cleanses and removes metabolic waste.
How To Make Stinging Nettle Tea
One of the best ways to benefit from stinging nettles is in a tea. Stinging nettle tea is really easy to make and can be made using fresh or dried nettle. If using fresh nettle then carefully collect some from an area away from car traffic, pesticides and animal waste.
- Boil four cups of filtered water and remove from the heat
- Finely chop four heaped teaspoons of fresh nettle
- Add the nettle to the water and steep for 20 minutes with the lid on
- Drink hot or cold.
If you can’t find your own fresh nettle then you can purchase a bag of dried nettle leaf from this page on Mountain Rose Herbs. At time of writing, MRH have sold out of nettle leaf, so instead you could purchase this bag on Amazon.
Caution: Because stinging nettles can produce side effects and interact with other drugs and natural treatments, consult your healthcare practitioner before using it.
3 Healthy Food LIES Reveal Why Your Kitchen Is Full Of Fat Storing Ingredients
In this powerful article you'll discover:- How food label lies are causing you to poison your body.
- How avoiding this much maligned food group is actually making you fat!
- How some of the so-called healthiest foods in your kitchen may actually be FAKE!
If you value your health, this may be the most important article you ever read!