Make sure you like Herbs & Oils World on Facebook to be updated every time we find a fantastic tutorial for exciting and innovative ways you can use herbs and essential oils.
Stinging nettles grow wild across the US, Europe and all around the globe. They are highly nutritious and act as an effective remedy for a number of illnesses, injuries and conditions.
Stinging nettles have been found to:
- Relieve allergies such as hay fever and asthma
- Relieve eczema and acne
- Reduce symptoms of the digestive tract, such as acid reflux, excess gas and nausea
- Relieve chest congestion and coughing
- Help in the treatment of Alzheimer’s
- Stimulates the scalp to regenerate hair growth, restore natural color and get rid of dandruff when used as a rinse
- Naturally cleanses and removes metabolic waste.
How To Make Stinging Nettle Tea
One of the best ways to benefit from stinging nettles is in a tea. Stinging nettle tea is really easy to make and can be made using fresh or dried nettle. If using fresh nettle then carefully collect some from an area away from car traffic, pesticides and animal waste.
- Boil four cups of filtered water and remove from the heat
- Finely chop four heaped teaspoons of fresh nettle
- Add the nettle to the water and steep for 20 minutes with the lid on
- Drink hot or cold.
If you can’t find your own fresh nettle then you can purchase a bag of dried nettle leaf from this page on Mountain Rose Herbs. At time of writing, MRH have sold out of nettle leaf, so instead you could purchase this bag on Amazon.
Caution: Because stinging nettles can produce side effects and interact with other drugs and natural treatments, consult your healthcare practitioner before using it.
-------------------------------------------this life changing eBook are:
- 105+ Natural Home Remedies -treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ Natural Beauty Recipes - Get the best hair and skin you've ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DIY Household Products & Cleaners -Ã�ï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â Never buy a toxic cleaning product again! Save a fortune AND your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work BETTER than store bought!